Total Pageviews

Monday 13 October 2014

One Potato...Two Potato....

Once again, I've been rambling about, it's been such amazing weather in the UK, well up here in Yorkshire at any road! So at every opportunity we have gone walkabout. The old pooch came on holiday with us again, see me above, he's a food fiend still, and likes to have lunch out, just like us. We are at one of our favourite tea rooms at Hebden in the Dales.
I took this photo above, as to me it looked like another country, Canada possibly?? It's actually the Forest of Bowland, quite intriguing.

We also chanced upon this little village, Bolton by Bowland, it was so charming, with a lovely church and tea room.
The old pooch, he likes to sit in the sun sometimes :)
I've been experimenting with my camera a bit (after reading the instructions) and this was taking on a particular 'Scenic' setting, I was quite pleased with it.
This however was a poor shot, but taken especially for my lovely blog friend Melody, as she likes a Thelwell scene :)
And at last, a little bit of art work, I fully intended showing the process of my Potato printing session, but forgot about the potatoes and they shrivelled up into black blobs very quickly, so this is just the resulting prints, I have yet to create something with them all.
I've had a dabble with the stamping too, so much fun, I never tire of doing this.
And there has been some gardening going on, my poor little Auriculas were badly neglected, as you can see above. They have been re potted and I'm hoping they survive and flower next spring.

I've also planted up about a dozen pots with bulbs etc, I didn't do this last year and I missed that wonderful spring show they put on, so I've put in daffodils and tulips and some alliums, and I've actually seen some little buds peeping because of the warm weather, which is crazy?? They need to hold off until spring, it would be weird to see them so soon.
We managed a trip to the coast, it was a glorious sunny, calm day, a bit like mid summer and not late September??
Camera experimenting again :)
This last weekend we were back at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, they have some weird and wonderful exhibits in the grounds, it was once again glorious weather.......

These Yew berries are positively glowing, I've taken a few photos of them this year, and painted some.
A new addition in the grounds, this 'round' little boat, which had some 'deep' meaning of basically saying you would get nowhere rowing this, but it did look lovely.
This is the main building at the Sculpture park, the metal walkway is all punched out lettering.
I couldn't resist this shot, patient pooches waiting for their owners to return, the young dog at the very far end wanted to play :)
I also couldn't resist a nice cup of coffee :)  Like the new boots?
Oh, and although this is a bit gruesome, we've had several visits from the sparrowhawk recently, I do feed the birds, and she must think I'm fattening them up for her. I just think they are stunning birds and feel privileged to see her when she calls by. This is my camera setting 'through glass'  which is taken from a bedroom window across to next doors garden, some distance away, so sorry it's a bit blurred.
Autumnal weather has arrived, some rain and winds, blowing all the leaves from the trees. It's not been too cold yet and I think we are returning to a warm 19 C again at the weekend, so another walk is planned:)
Hope you are all enjoying Autumn, or whatever season you may be having out there. Bye for now.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at your photographs, especially the Forest of Bowland. That place is very special to me as my dad loved to take us there on trips out. I'm doing the same with bulbs except mine are still waiting to be potted!
    Sparrow hawks are magnificent aren't they? I love their beady eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh where to start? I LOVE the scenery and going out for tea with you and old pooch (who looks pretty content to me!) ~
    I had no idea that Thelwell had figurines to go with the books??? How awesome is that!! Thanks so much for thinking of me and sharing the photo!! :))))
    What sort of Auricula's are those? I got some seeds this spring, lots sprouted, and died on me one by one... I have an army of ONE left. I whisper sweet things to it... and talk nice, and do so hope to see it flower one day? Do you leave them outside over winter, or bring them in??
    Is that a heart in your cup of coffee???
    So lovely to see you here in Blogland!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for your comments, we loved all the areas up by the forest of Bowland Valerie, and yes Sparrowhawks are magnificent, that eye sees all :)
    Thanks Melody, I think there are lots os Thelwell items, I'm not sure what the Auriculas are,I think I grew these from seed, I had one given and that has multiplied and then one colour has done better than most, but there are about 3 colours, they don't like to be too wet and stay in a coolish place in the garden all year, I think they should have free draining soil, but they don't seem to mind much really. Hope you get a flower :) That is a heart in my cup, nice eh? Oh and more pooches please :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your header is just stunning! I love it! Thanks for sharing your part of the world, love reading about your adventures in travel and creating/painting/printing etc.! We have hawks that hang around looking for our fattened up birds and squirrels too! Have a beautiful weekend. ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the photos, Julie. So nice to know what you've been up to. That forest photo does look like a Canadian scene and that swan photo is absolutely stunning. Your pooch looks absolutely content as Melody says. I never enjoy the backyard 'drama' (I feed the birds too and have had hawks visit) but have learned to respect it as being part of the cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie! Loved your "walk" through photographs- beautiful swan, and that Forest of Bowland certainly looks North American to me! Glad you included your coffee breaks- an important element of any walk. Your holly*hock header is such a colorful welcome AND your stamp prints are so sweet and all you! And I also can relate to those black blobs in the fridge that were formerly potato prints. Ephemeral art at its finest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new header is so beautifully done! I love the warm reds for the hollyhocks and poppies.
    Yes, that picture you took certainly does look Canadian.
    Thanks for bringing us all on your various excursions through the country side too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving your comment, it is much appreciated.