Total Pageviews

Monday 16 May 2011

Edensor 'play'

Chatsworth last year

Chatsworth with a coat on this year?
Edensor village entrance

View looking down at Chatsworth







From top of village, looking towards Chatsworth.
Hello everyone, in the Easter break and in previous years, we have visited a little village near to Chatsworth House in the Peak District, it's called Edensor. It is on the route in to Chatsworth, but you could easily miss it, because it looks sort of gated off? It is open to the public, and I love it. It's a bit like stepping back in time in there, it's a little random, because although the houses are all in similar stone with blue painted doors/windows etc, they are all different. It has a lovely church, and one main street,  some of the houses have things for sale on stands outside, with honesty boxes to pay for anything.(little plants and a lovely Jam stand) You can park here and walk up and away from the village, on various routes, There are deer in the fields above. It is all quite idyllic, I think the houses form part of the Chatswoth estate, and may be owned by them, not sure how much or even 'if' you could buy a property there, it's sure to be expensive if you could. I will post my photos of this charming place, if you've never been down that way, I can highly recommend it. So many lovely walks, villages, towns, and oodles of tea-shops, essential after trecking up on the 'edges' that skirt all around this area.

This year I persuaded my husband to part with some dosh and we bought some absolutely delish Lemon curd, from the lovely stand selling home made delights! So cute and delicious all at the same time, YUM. My kind of treat. I'm sorry you can't enjoy the sweet tangy taste of My lemon curd, but I hope you enjoy looking at the photies, maybe you might get there one day and enjoy this lovely place for yourself.
Bye for now X Jules

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a charming little village! I love the little jam stand! We went to the Peak District when we were there... Castleton I think? There was a HUGE cave we went to... *sigh, makes me want to go back to England all over again. :))))) Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody,
    Thank-you for your comments.
    This is fairly near Castleton, was it blue John mine you went into (the cave) although there are a few around there? It's been glorious weather for weeks, but it's cooler now. What breed are your 2 big teddy bears? (sorry, dogs)They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cave was not Blue John... It had an enormous opening at the front and it was sort of near the castle... they told us they used to make rope inside (good humidity?) and the workers actually lived in there?? I'll have to find my album and see what it's name was. ;)
    The two big dogs are St Bernards (brother Marley and sister Ava) and the little pip squeak on my lap is a mix named Kippy (my husband calls him the experiment, we've never had a little dog before) Glad you getting some good weather, it's been mostly gray here for weeks ~ I don't mind, it's good for the gardens and grass! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I do like those dogs, for some reason I love dogs? No one else in the family did, which made it difficult as I needed a dog, so I just brought a puppy home, like you do, when I was about 10. I think iknow which cave you mean, it possibly had a rude sort of name??? It was near the centre of Castleton.
    We could do with some rain here, the ground is very dry. I have been watching the birds in the gerden having dust baths this aft, and they keep eating any little seedlings that I'm trying to grow!!! I think they are short of worms etc. Hope you get some sunshine if you have that break coming up? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving your comment, it is much appreciated.