Total Pageviews

Friday 22 April 2011

Screenprinting weekend






I have next weekend booked at the West Yorkshire Print Workshop, to do a screenprinting course with Claire Caulfield. I am really looking forward to this. I hope to be able to create a print, over the weekends course.?(fingers crossed)  I have some ideas of the things I would like to do, with influences from several artists that I admire. I doubt I can do something so wonderful to start with, but it's a start. I bought the book in the photos with my birthday funds, Angie Lewin shows some of her gorgeous work, I love seeing the woodblocks as well.It's interesting to see the sketches she has done alongside the finished prints.
 I took some photos of plants and seed heads last Autumn and I also love the work of Sally Elford. So I hope to do some sketching this weekend, that I might be able to use on the course. Hope you like the ideas, I will update with my sketches etc as I hopefully progress. This is something different for me, and it's quite an exciting diversion!

1 comment:

  1. I am always wanting to try new things... but I always go back to drawing eventually. I will be looking forward to seeing what you make at your class! The only thing i've tried making my own rubber stamps with mixed results!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving your comment, it is much appreciated.